Friday, September 28, 2007

Home Sweet Home



I got back to the apartment and had dinner. Next time I'll try and write up something about the food and my cook, Suresh. But this time around I want to talk about the home front. I had run out of bottled water, so I decided to head down to the restaurant associated with the apartment complex to buy some.

The weather outside has not been terribly hot, and this evening was positively beautiful. A slight breeze kept the air clear, and the complex and grounds that the apartment is in are pretty quiet and clean.

The surprise, though, was the park and immaculate swimming pool at the back of the complex. There were lots of kids running around, as there are many families living here. The scene was not much different than what I'd find at any park back home: families spending time after work with their kids. Click here for a look.

On the way back, I passed an old couple sitting near the pool, enjoying the evening. I said "hi" and they invited me to sit. So we sat and chatted for a few minutes. He told me proudly about his daughter who's a VP at a local IT company.

Proud parents, happy kids playing. Just like at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home