Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Harry Reid Redeemed

My esteem for Democratic party leader Harry Reid has been redeemed! After losing me with his endorsement of Harriet Meirs for the Supreme Court, "Give 'Em Hell Harry" has made me proud by forcing his rivals in the Republican controlled Senate to participate in a behind closed doors session to discuss the Bush administration's fast and loose approach to pre Iraq War intelligence analysis. Harry exceeded all expectations and corraled the Senate majority for some 2 hours and forced them to address tough questions about the Valerie Plame case, and other matters related to Bush and his cronies cooking the books to lead us all to war.

I even have begun to believe that the Meirs support I previously derided might have been a clever move on Reid's part to push Meirs into the spotlight in order to egg on a fight between Bush and the conservative religios ideologues he so wishes to please. My faith in the Dumbocrats is slowly being restored. Not enough yet, mind you, to turn in my fresh status as a registered independent. But in time, if Harry keeps up the fight and inspires the rest of the Democrats in Congress to wake up, I just might need to reconsider my party afiliation once again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home