Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Getting Down to Business



The first day at work in India was interesting and eyeopening. After a 5 mile drive through throngs of traffic, consisting primarily of yellow motorized jitneys and water buffalo herds, I reached the KnoahSoft building.

The moment I arrived, the work began. I've been meeting with the technical leads of the India development team, some of whom are photographed above (Phani, Shankar, and Virinchi, left to right.) The primary purpose of my trip is to coordinate the design and architecture of the various technolgies to be integrated in the KnoahSoft products. So the more time I can spend with these folks, the better.

Around three o'clock, I was getting pretty tired from jet lag. This was just as well, since at that very time my to "handlers," Malik and Ramand, took me on a grocery shopping junket. So I got to wander through a Hyderabad Q-Mart, something like a cross between Safeway and Nordstrom's. There were a few other Westerners shopping there, and I wondered what they did in India. Malik and Ramand then took me back to the apartment, and showed me around the virtually empty gyn and totally empty swimming pool that belong to the apartment complex. Beautiful facilities, being used by no one. I couldn't help but think how much Rosie and Simon would have loved the pool.

As we left, I passed a blond boy who was about 6. He looked at me like I must have been looking at him, with a face that said "what could you possibly be doing here?"

1 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been reading your stuff but haven't succeeded in getting a comment posted. Let me know if you get this. Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home